- Various Locations In East Dunbartonshire, G66 1XT
- £24,325.92 - £28,139.96 per year pro rata
- Contract Type:
- Position Type:
- Full Time & Part Time
This position has expired.
20 vacancies various hours fulltime & part time
Salary will be pro-rated for working hours less than 35
As we continue to provide the extended funded entitlement of 1140 hours we have a number of vacancies offering varied hours across localities.
Quality remains at the core of what we provide for our children and families Successful candidates will be required to work as part of a team that supports the development of high quality early years services. You will provide children with a range of appropriate experiences and learning opportunities suitable for their age and stage of development within the context of local and national curriculum guidance and care standards. You will support the creation of a safe, caring, stimulating and inclusive environment for parents and families.
You will be enthusiastic and articulate with excellent interpersonal and communication skills and have an understanding of the importance of confidentiality.
You must possess a relevant childcare qualification as defined in the role profile.
Protecting Vulnerable Groups
East Dunbartonshire Council is committed to ensuring the safety of vulnerable people and our recruitment process is designed to support this. The preferred candidate will be required to be a member of the Protecting Vulnerable Groups Scheme.
Charter of Commitment
The commitment by East Dunbartonshire Council to job applicants is as follows:
- Individuals will be treated in a polite, friendly and welcoming manner.
- Equalities monitoring will be conducted to ensure a fair and equitable process with screening being carried out to anonymise sensitive information such as age, gender and disability.
- The information that we receive will be treated in confidence and with discretion. Only the relevant HR representative/team and the relevant service will see the application form.
- We will encourage and welcome applications from applicants under the disability symbol. Where the essential criteria are met an interview will be offered to those applying under the disability symbol.
- We will be pleased to make any reasonable adjustments to ensure accessibility at the interview.
- We will advise you within reasonable time after the closing date if you have not met the interview criteria. (Normally within 4 weeks)
- We will advise you of meeting the criteria for interview normally within 3 weeks.
- We will advise you if you have been successful or unsuccessful at the interview stage as soon as practically possible.
The following criteria applies to all roles within East Dunbartonshire Council where PVG/Disclosure checks are essential criteria
Where the post you are applying for is considered Regulated Work under the Protection of Vulnerable Groups (Scotland) Act, 2007, successful candidates will be required to join the PVG Scheme, or undergo a PVG Scheme Update check, prior to confirmation of employment being made by East Dunbartonshire Council.
Please note, successful candidates will be expected to meet the cost of the relevant check which will be deducted from the successful candidate’s first salary payment.
In specific circumstances the payment could be deducted in instalments from an employee’s wages following commencement of employment. Approval in such circumstances will be made by HR Services Lead.
Should an employee leave in advance of the payment being deducted, the full amount will be deducted from the employee’s final salary.
The criteria outlined above will apply to existing employees of East Dunbartonshire Council who apply for roles for which a PVG/Disclosure check is required.