- Southbank Marina, 12 Strathkelvin Place, Kirkintilloch, G66 1XT
- £28,012.22 - £32,410.22 per year
- Contract Type:
- Position Type:
- Full Time
- 35 hours per week
This position has expired.
Please note this is a temporary vacancy only open to applications from East Dunbartonshire Council employees and agency workers currently on secondment.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, self-motivated individual for the post of Team Co-ordinator within the Education team of Shared Services.
The Education Team covers a wide variety of administration processes for the Education service including:-
- administration of school admissions in line with Parent Choice Legislation,
- PVG checks for school volunteers
- support to facilitate the delivery of Additional Support Needs
- Children’s entertainment license applications
- administrative support to Early Years placements
- support to and administration of School Placing Request process
Key elements of the post include:-
- Leading a team in the delivery of a Business Support Service to the Education Department as part of an internal transactional shared services model of delivery, in line with Council policies and ensuring that all SLA and performance targets are met.
- Contributing to the continued development and implementation of a transactional shared service centre, providing a range of transactional services supporting Education through a customer focussed culture, committed to continuous business improvement and in response to key policy and legislative requirements.
- Seeking to continually improve service delivery and the performance of a Business Support team, minimising operational risk through effective management of operational control systems, competent resources and operational planning across the team.
It is essential that candidates have a knowledge and understanding of Education legislation, particularly as it relates to business support and can demonstrate an in-depth knowledge of relevant education systems, along with an HNC in business administration and/or equivalent experience. See Role Profile for full person specification.
Candidates must have the ability to respond to change, influence and effectively manage relationships, be pragmatic with a can-do attitude and have a desire to work in an exciting and busy environment.
Further information can be obtained from Dee Horne (Tel 601 3062).
Charter of Commitment
The commitment by East Dunbartonshire Council to job applicants is as follows:
Individuals will be treated in a polite, friendly and welcoming manner.
Equalities monitoring will be conducted to ensure a fair and equitable process with screening being carried out to anonymise sensitive information such as age, gender and disability.
The information that we receive will be treated in confidence and with discretion. Only the relevant HR representative/team and the relevant service will see the application form.
We will encourage and welcome applications from applicants under the disability symbol. Where the essential criteria are met an interview will be offered to those applying under the disability symbol.
We will be pleased to make any reasonable adjustments to ensure accessibility at the interview.
We will advise you within reasonable time after the closing date if you have not met the interview criteria. (Normally within 4 weeks)
We will advise you of meeting the criteria for interview normally within 3 weeks.
We will advise you if you have been successful or unsuccessful at the interview stage as soon as practically possible.
PVG / Disclosure Scotland
The following criteria applies to all roles within East Dunbartonshire Council where PVG/Disclosure checks are essential criteria
Where the post you are applying for is considered Regulated Work under the Protection of Vulnerable Groups (Scotland) Act, 2007, successful candidates will be required to join the PVG Scheme, or undergo a PVG Scheme Update check, prior to confirmation of employment being made by East Dunbartonshire Council.
Please note, successful candidates will be expected to meet the cost of the relevant check which will be deducted from the successful candidate’s first salary payment.
In specific circumstances the payment could be deducted in instalments from an employee’s wages following commencement of employment. Approval in such circumstances will be made by HR Services Lead.
Should an employee leave in advance of the payment being deducted, the full amount will be deducted from the employee’s final salary.
The criteria outlined above will apply to existing employees of East Dunbartonshire Council who apply for roles for which a PVG/Disclosure check is required.