- North East Scotland College, Aberdeen Altens Campus, Harness Road, Altens Industrial Estate, AB12 3LE
- £24,808.98 - £28,057.84 per year
- Contract Type:
- Position Type:
- Full Time
- 35 hours per week
- Work From Home:
This position has expired.
MA & Sponsored Student Administrator (Ref No: A862)
Full-time/Permanent/Altens & Fraserburgh Campus
Salary: £24,808.98 - £28,057.84 per annum
Reporting to the Employer Engagement Manager, you will be working within a team of Modern Apprenticeship Administrators and Assessors in the provision of apprenticeship training. This will include administering MA contracts, claiming Skills Development Scotland funding and complying with programme specifications. You will also regularly update working procedures and administer reviews for the Modern Apprentices which are delivered by NESCol.
You should be qualified to HNC/SVQ Level III, or have equivalent industry administration experience, as well as being a confident, reliable and enthusiastic individual and able to demonstrate excellent customer service and attention to detail. You will enjoy helping clients, customers and individuals and solving any problems that they may have.
You should be a good communicator, by phone, face to face and via email, having a friendly, genuine dedication to customer satisfaction.
Previous experience of administrative roles within adult education, government contracts and working with students in a variety of settings would be advantageous.
The College encourages applicants from diverse backgrounds.
The closing date for applications will be 20th December 2021.
(criteria marked * are desirable, all others are essential)
- Educated to HNC/D level or equivalent (SCQF level 7) in the relevant subject area
Or equivalent industrial administration experience
- Evidence of continuous professional development
EXPERIENCE AND KNOWLEDGE
- Experience of office administration.
- Experience of effectively organising and prioritising workload to meet deadlines.
- Experience of devising administrative systems and processes and/or, of operating within formalised procedures and policies.
- Experience of using Word, Excel, Access, and Outlook in the workplace to carry out a variety of tasks.
- Experience of collating and presenting statistical or financial data.
- Experience of working effectively without close supervision.
- *Experience of working as part of a team within a large organisation.
- Up to date industry knowledge in the relevant area
- Knowledge of the type of programmes available in further education
- Oral and written communication skills
- Numeracy skills
- Able to work on own initiative and without supervision
- The ability to prioritise tasks and meet deadlines.
- Team working skills
- IT literacy
- Able to develop and maintain effective relationships with students and commercial clients
- Committed to people development
- Committed to customer service and quality improvement
- Ability to relate to people
- Able to develop positive working relationships
- Commitment to College values and equal opportunities
- Ability to work flexibly to meet the demands of the post
- Able to travel to other locations as required